American International Sports Teams Inc. – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Set out below is an explanation of the conditions that apply when you book a tour with American International Sports Teams (AIST) and its Suppliers. It is important that you read these conditions as they not only define our obligations to you but also impose some important commitments upon you. We look forward to being your Tour Provider on the following Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions of the Team Travel Agreement (hereinafter “Agreement”) between American
International Sports Teams (hereinafter “AIST”) and _____(Your Team)____ (hereinafter
“Participant(s)”) to participate in AIST’s travel abroad program.
Waiver of Liability In consideration of participation in AIST’s travel abroad program, Participant(s) hereby releases AIST, its officers, employees, volunteers, officials and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss of services and causes of action of any kind for personal injury and property damage arising in any way out of said participation in AIST’s programs. Participant(s) acknowledges that this release also covers any claims, liability, loss of services and causes of action of any kind alleged to have been caused by AIST’s own negligence, and the negligence of AIST’s officers, employees, volunteers, officials and agents. Further, Participant(s) agrees to abide by and comply with all AIST rules and regulations.
Modification No modification, amendment, addition to, or waiver of the provisions of this Agreement shall be valid or enforceable unless made in writing and signed by an authorized agent of AIST.
Jurisdiction and Venue The jurisdiction of any proceeding between the parties arising out of or with respect to this Agreement shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Missouri.
Governing Law This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri.
Tour Contract When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your group the terms of these booking conditions. When a tour is booked by you a contract exists on issue of our invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions and is governed by United States Law. Any dispute will be dealt with by US Courts.
On receipt of our invoice it is your responsibility to check that the information and booking details stated on our invoice are correct.
General Tour Information
- All prices quoted are in United States Dollars (USD) unless otherwise stated
- AIST will make all best endeavors to secure billeting if required and fixtures with host schools/clubs. We act as a point of contact between touring and host schools and will not be held responsible for non-provision, cancellation or standard of billeting arrangements
- Training sessions with players/coaches/teams are subject to the participants(s)/coaches/teams commitments, schedules, restrictions and availability
- Prices are based on current exchange rates at the time of quoting and will need to be re-checked upon confirmation. These are subject to change until a tour is paid in full due to travel services, such as taxes and levies, currency fluctuations and other charges beyond our control
- In order to ensure all arrangements are appropriate, any physical, mental or emotional disability that may require special attention, handling or treatment, must be notified in writing with your reservation request
- Any changes in airfare due to scheduling, price increases or other actions imposed by the airline will be subject to change with the current status of the airlines. Additional charges may be applied until airline fares are paid in full.
The passenger cost quotation that is provided within your contract is subject to change prior to receiving the initial deposit. In addition, the cost quoted is subject to change after deposits are received in accordance with the exchange rate. On your teams final proposal you will see the current rate of exchange your tour was booked at. Our quotation is based on air and land package exclusively and expires unless seats are reserved with a deposit. Airline pricing is subject to change until deposits are secured.
Upon your final review we will forward a registration form for you to complete. Make sure you have read the terms and conditions before submitting your registration. As organizer of the group you will be signing the agreement for all passengers in your group. Each individual in the group is required to register online and agree to the terms and conditions.
Sample Payment Schedule
When you make your booking you must pay the deposit amount as indicated on the final proposal to confirm your reservation. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid as per the below conditions. If the deposit and/or balances are not paid as per the following schedule, we reserve the right to cancel your travel arrangements/tour booking. A sample is provided below of what the payment schedule would be like.
There will be 4-5 payments including initial deposit. The amounts due are per person. This is just a sample. I final payment schedule will be set up for you once deposit is received.
Deposit – 5 – 10% is non-refundable after receipt
7 months prior to departure – 25%
5 months prior to departure – 50%
3 months prior to departure – 75% of total cost due
45 days prior to departure – All balances due
- A non-refundable deposit of 5 -10% (or other amount agreed upon) of the total group cost is required to confirm a group booking. This amount may be amended, should a supplier impose a heavier deposit clause on AIST, or at our discretion.
- A further deposit of 50% of the balance is required within 130 days of the arrival travel date. This amount may be amended, should a supplier impose a heavier deposit clause on AIST.
- Final payment of outstanding balance due 45 days prior to departure.
- In respect of international clients preferred payment is by international bank transfers.
- In respect of national clients preferred payment is by check, online payment or bank transfers.
- AIST accepts credit cards online through Pay pal. Credit card charges will incur a processing/booking fee of about 3%. Payments can be made online at www.aist.us.
- Checks should be mailed directly to AIST at 18212 East 50th Terr. Ct. South Independence, MO 64055
Airlines may impose a fuel surcharge before ticketing. AIST is not able to predict these costs. If your group incurs a fuel surcharge for the airline ticket, everyone ticketed with the group will be charged the amount of the fuel surcharge. This amount can be anywhere from $40 – $200 from our experience. You will be notified of this charge prior to your final payment due date.
Airfare is quoted upon request. The cost of the fares will not be guaranteed until deposits are received per seat. Passengers will be subject to the restrictions of current airline policies. Any additional charges implemented by the airlines will be added to the cost of your tour. ie: Fuel Surcharges or name changes for the passengers. When airfares have been purchased with ground arrangements, the airline’s conditions, cancellation policy and fees will apply. Airfare terms and conditions will be advised at time of booking and it may be that additional deposit amounts may be required to hold air seats.
Final balances for all passengers are due 45 days prior to departure. Failure to pay promptly renders your place on the tour liable to cancellation with the loss of monies paid as stated under “cancellation policy”.
Should you fail to pay for your tour in full at the end of services, you will be subject to a $35 late fee per month until the account is paid in full. Any fees that result from non-payment are the sole responsibility of the traveler on the account.
Cancellation fees will be kept to a minimum. However, in the event of you having to cancel part, or all, of your arrangements within the following, the below cancellation conditions apply:
- The initial deposit is non-refundable at time of acceptance unless otherwise stated
- 130 – 100 Days prior to departure, $500 will be non-refundable
- 99 – 46 Day prior to departure, 75% of the total trip cost will be non-refundable
- 45 – Days prior to departure, there will be no refunds
- Once travel has commenced, no refunds will be given. This includes any unused portion of the tour
All cancellations must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (This policy is subject to change depending on Airline cancellation policy.)
Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be assigned. This is the current policy of most major airlines. Once tickets are issued, these guidelines will supersede all communications except those dictated by the airline. AIST will pursue any and all options with the airline to amend their change and cancellation policies to the benefit of our traveling clients.
If We Change or Cancel Your Tour
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and AIST reserves the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor, and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. Routings and itineraries can be affected by adverse weather, road closures or other reasons and may be varied accordingly. We shall endeavor to advise you of these changes as soon as we are aware of them, however these and any other factors beyond our control, no liability will be accepted by AIST for any additional expenses incurred.
AIST suggests comprehensive travel insurance. AIST can arrange Travel Insurance on your behalf but in the case of Sports teams, coverage is not possible whilst games, training or practices are being played.
AIST reserves the right to:
- Substitute any hotel/lodge/motel accommodation should circumstances necessitate at its discretion. Should any substitution occur then the accommodation provided will be of a similar standard.
- Cancel your tour arrangements in any circumstances: for example, if the minimum number of clients required for the tour is not reached.
- Cancel a tour either in whole or for an individual passenger in the event that circumstances beyond the control of AIST necessitate alternative arrangements to ensure the safety of other tour participants or their reasonable participation in and enjoyment of their tour. In such an event AIST reserves the right to decline to make any refund of any tour cost.
Distribution of Information
Flight tickets and a comprehensive itinerary will be distributed to you two weeks prior to departure. Please note, that we will not have hotel or game information available until approximately two weeks prior to your departure. Once we have all the final details they will be forwarded to you in an email. In addition, all telephone numbers and addresses of accommodations will be provided within an itinerary at that time. AIST will not be responsible for providing any tour information or services to travelers who are not booked with the group.
For your Group Leader:
A final travel roster is due at AIST 4 months prior to departure for airline ticketing. Once tickets have been issued they are non-refundable, non-cancelable and a new ticket must be issued and paid in full at the rate indicated at the time of new issue. Any changes in ticketing will be charged $300 or the current cost imposed by airlines.
Rooming lists are due at AIST 3 months prior to departure.
On most tours Quads, Triples, Doubles and Single rooms will be available. If you are staying in Hostel accommodations, there may be rooms of up to 12 per room or more. The rooming situations can be determined based on your final travel numbers and customized to your preference in most cases. Most rooms will have twin beds for each person in the room. If you require a double bed for couples please advise. All bed situations are subject to availability of the hotel.
A passport is required to depart the USA for International destinations. You can get passport applications and file them at any US Post office. We recommend processing your passport immediately! It may take up to 2 months to process.
You will need:
- An original birth certificate
- 2 forms of ID
- A check for amount of passport (Approximately $135)
- A passport picture (no substitutes)
Some countries require a visa for travel. If you are traveling to a country that requires a visa you will be responsible for obtaining the visa. However, AIST can help you with this process if you would like to obtain your visa’s as a group.
Friends and Family Members Joining the Tour
Friends and Family members are certainly encouraged to tour with the group. If family members wish to meet the group on tour, AIST can quote a land portion fee. However, under no conditions will we allow family members an option to join the group as travelers without payment for the land portion expense. AIST is under no obligation to provide information regarding tour routing, accommodations, and game information to anyone other than those on tour with the team. We are under no obligation to provide services or transportation to anyone who deviates from the itinerary as supplied to the team. Any individual(s) joining the land portion of the tour must do so in conjunction with the AIST package for your team and costing on a day to day basis.
As the tour develops more supporters will want to travel with the team. We can accommodate these requests up until the point of ticketing, but can’t guarantee the price after we run out of reserved seats. All payments must be made current at time of inclusion on the tour. Additional costs may apply for hotel arrangements and additional transportation to meet the group.
Lost Tickets and Passports
AIST issues e-tickets for airline seats. We will always have a record of your flight schedule and ticketing information. We also suggest that 1 photo copy of the individual passport be forwarded to us at time of last payment. We recommend each passenger to carry a photo copy of the Identification page of their passport with them throughout the tour.
AIST reserve the right to amend any itinerary due to conditions beyond our control. Every effort is made not to delete a specified inclusion but to fulfill the conditions and terms of sale for the best interest of all parties. Conditions such as changes in weather, ticket availability, airline, train, or rental car type and availability, etc., can add selected changes to events and activities planned in advance of departure.
AIST highly recommends the purchase of individual travel insurance. Please contact us for more details.
I recognize that because of the potential hazardous nature of this activity that an injury might be sustained. In the event of such an injury to myself, if I or my family members cannot be contacted, I give my permission to the attending physician to render such treatment as would be normal and agree to pay the usual charges for such treatment. I now release American International Sports Teams Inc., its employees, volunteers, agents, and assigns from responsibility for any personal injuries to property caused by or having any relation to this activity. I understand that this release applies to any present or future injuries and that it binds my heirs, executors and administrators. I understand that participants may be videotaped or photographed during this activity. I have read this release and understand all of its terms. I sign voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance.
It is not possible for AIST to predict the rate of exchange for each international trip. Therefore, we reserve the right to add a charge if necessary depending on the current rate of exchange. If needed, a final adjustment to your pricing will be added before your final payment is due. The exchange rate at which we booked your tour will be stated on your final proposal.
Deposits and Payments
All tour costs are correct as of the date of quotation. AIST reserves the right to adjust those as necessary. If any other currency is required then prices stated in such currency are subject to currency fluctuation until full payment has been made in clear funds to AIST.
The items included in each tour fare are clearly stated on the itinerary, written quotation or website. All other expenses including but not by way of limitation; refreshments, drinks, laundry, visa/passport fees, departure taxes, telephone and communication costs, taxi fares, excess baggage charges and all other matters of a personal nature are not included and must be paid for separately by you when required.
Changes and Amendments to Your Tour
Once a contract exists between us, you may wish to change your travel arrangements. For example, your chosen dates of travel, accommodation etc. and we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of $25.00 per booking change and any further costs we may incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should therefore contact us as soon as possible.
- Any changes or amendments to the group numbers or the travel itinerary should be notified immediately in writing. Last minute changes may result in non-availability, higher costs and/or cancellation fees
- Occasionally there may be unforeseen changes in transportation, accommodation or event schedules, which are beyond our control. AIST will endeavor to keep changes to a minimum. However we reserve the right to make changes when necessary
AIST will make all best endeavors to secure billeting and fixtures with host schools/clubs and act as a point of contact between touring and host schools and will not be held responsible for non-provision, cancellation or standard of billeting arrangements. The tour leader must have a fund large enough to cover the cost of emergency accommodation should confirmed billeting by a host school/club be withdrawn or be unsuitable. AIST will assist as much as possible in finding emergency accommodation should this situation arise. Any billeting will be confirmed in advance and approved by the tour organizer. It is the responsibility of the tour organizer always to make contact with the host school/club prior to departure.
The tour organizer is to be the sole point of contact with AIST
The tour organizer should:
- Ensure all members of the group have a passport valid for six months and appropriate visa requirements.
- Ensure all members of the group are advised of any health precautions. Please call the Embassy of the Country you are visiting for information.
- Take all reasonable and necessary steps to ensure the success of the tour.
- Provide a names list for airline ticketing with correct spelling four months prior to departure. Names must be spelled as they appear on the passport.
- Ensure all names are correct as per individual passports. Any tickets that need to be re-issued as a result of misspelling or name changes will be charged $300 or current airline prices for name changes.
- Provide AIST with correct and detailed information about the touring teams’ capabilities.
- Provide correct passenger and rooming lists, including any special requirements, at least three months prior to departure.
- Register any complaints immediately with AIST
- The tour leader must have a contingency fund large enough to cover the cost of emergency accommodation should billeting not be provided or withdrawn by the host school or be deemed to be unsuitable.
- Please check with your airline for baggage limits and weights. There may be additional charges for extra baggage.
- In addition, to ensure the comfort of all passengers, one piece of hand luggage such as tissues, cameras, makeup, handbag etc is allowed and will be carried inside the coach in luggage racks
- Extra luggage is only carried if space is available
- Please advise AIST at the time of booking if you expect you will need extra capacity for luggage.
- Please contact your airline supplier for restrictions on luggage before you depart.
AIST will not be liable for any:
- Loss or damage to luggage or personal effects.
- Personal injury or death of a passenger arising whilst travelling with AIST or any of its nominated suppliers.
- Damage, personal injury or death arising as a result of any of activities included in tour or optional activities. Some of these involve an element of risk assumed by each participant.
Our Commitment to You
AIST’s goal is to exceed your expectations with top quality service for you and your group. We look forward to providing you with an opportunity of a lifetime.